The ABL and Fox Sports broaden their partnership with the Game of the Week announcement.
SYDNEY, 11 October - The Australian Baseball League has announced a new television partnership that will see Fox Sports show a 'Game of the Week' throughout the 2012-13 ABL season.
The weekly hour-long program will feature a condensed ABL game along with news, highlights and feature stories from around the league as well as Australian grassroots baseball and Major League Baseball.
Peter Wermuth, CEO of the Australian Baseball League, said expanding television coverage of games beyond the ABL Championship Series and ABL All-Star Game is a significant step forward for one of the country's newest sports leagues, now entering only its third season.
"We are excited to be able to showcase the amazing talent of our players on a national stage," said Wermuth. "Having our sport on national television week-in and week-out is essential to increasing baseball's visibility and accessibility in Australia, not only to die-hard baseball fans but also those new to the game."
The weekly program will air Thursdays from 4-5pm EST. The ABL Games of the Week to be featured include:
- 1 November - Team Australia vs. Sydney Blue Sox
- 8 November - Sydney Blue Sox vs. Canberra Cavalry
- 15 November - Brisbane Bandits vs. Sydney Blue Sox
- 22 November - Melbourne Aces vs. Perth Heat
- 30 November - Perth Heat vs. Sydney Blue Sox
- 6 December - Adelaide Bite vs. Canberra Cavalry
- 13 December - Canberra Cavalry vs. Sydney Blue Sox
- 20 December - Adelaide Bite vs. Brisbane Bandits
- 27 December - Perth Heat vs. Adelaide Bite
- 3 January - Adelaide Bite vs. Sydney Blue Sox
- 10 January - Brisbane Bandits vs. Melbourne Aces
- 17 January - Melbourne Aces vs. Sydney Blue Sox
- 24 January - Sydney Blue Sox vs. Canberra Cavalry
- 31 January - Brisbane Bandits vs. Sydney Blue Sox
- 7 Febuary - ABL Playoffs Round 1